Get Expert Business Assistance with The Eton Group’s Skilled Professionals
Meet the Team
The Eton Group offers a diverse combination of knowledge and experience to assist clients with a wide array of business needs. Our professionals’ skills are focused around our key business service offerings including project management, strategic planning and execution, audits and support, change management and organisational development.
CEO of the Eton Group, Andrew has more than 25 years IT experience in the areas of Project Management, Applications and Network Support, E-commerce, General Management, Account Management, ITIL, COBIT and specializing in the Project Management Office (PMO) establishment projects using best practice methodologies, tools and resources.
His project management experience in both the private and public sector comprises teams with between 4 and 20 people. It often included extensive travel with team members located at several national sites. He often managed several projects simultaneously. The projects often involved managing professional vendors and C level engagements. The projects varied from pure IT to large business-related and include the following areas:
- IT Infrastructure Implementations
- Applications/ ERP upgrades
- Transformation Projects
- End-user Training
- Project Management Office (PMO) Establishment
- Change Management
He is actively involved in the Information Technology sector and is passionate about digital transformation and project management. His leadership style is motivational and encourages inclusivity.
- Deeper investigations of issue that may arise.
- Preferential attention to the internal programs/projects informed by needs.
- Measuring of achievements addressing through various international and national policies & programs targeting beneficiaries.
- Formed Spesres, a training business, developed business plans and operational structures for it and managed the overall business as executive director for 5 years with a turnover of R600m per annum.
- Created the streaming platform DigiTV, formed part of the executive management team and operations with a turnover of R35m per annum.
- Managed, as CEO, a staff compliment of 320 people active in all 9 provinces in South Africa
- Developed strategy for the penetration of the African market through expansion and private partnerships
- Assisted with Financial Management Improvement which include Policy developments (CIDB, LG Seta, Fieta, State Theatre, municipalities), Revenue enhancement and SCM reengineering (ICASA), Quality control (AGSA), Revenue and debtors (Department of Water Affairs and Forestry), Call Centre Efficiency Testing (MERseta), etc.
- Strategy design & development through to execution
- Networking and forming strong relationships.
- Organisational Development
- Performance & Change Management
- Project & Stakeholder Management
- Research, Monitoring & Impact Evaluation
- National Lottery Commission
- City of Joburg
- Gauteng Office of the Premier
- National Department of Cooperative Governance
Hennie is an experienced Project Manager with 25+ years in IT Infrastructure, IT Software Development, IT Services. Managed the IT Audit section of the Annual Financial Audit. Hennie’s main focus is the successful completion of Projects within time and cost plans.
He has a broad scope of understanding and knowledge of corporate IT solutions. In-depth understanding of the IT landscape including Servers, Networks, Databases, Software and Support services. The quality and usability of any IT solution needs the correct combination of all the above. Additional skills in managing the annual IT audit process, Network Access Control and setting up ITIL-based support services.
He uses hands-on project management to ensure projects deliver the expected returns and value originally intended. His ability to grasp the requirements for large and complex projects also added to the large number of successful projects delivered over the years.
Some of the larger projects included developing Datawarehouse and BI solutions for Standard Bank, Eskom and Department of Housing.
Highly skilled at running Project Meetings from Work Group meetings to Executive Steering Committees. Is proud to report the successful uncoupling of the IT and Financial reporting facilities during the Naspers / MultiChoice separation. This was a large 9-month project with many components and no room for error due to fixed timelines and tight JSE financial reporting deadlines.
Some of Hennie’s achievements include:
- Successfully decoupling the IT systems and Financial Reporting Systems (HFM) during the MultiChoice listing and unbundling from Naspers
- Working on the Team that implemented a PMO at MultiChoice
- Implementing the NAC solution at MultiChoice
- Implementing Datawarehouse / BI solution at Department of Housing, Eskom and Standard Bank
- Implementing MS Great plains for six G4S Africa Countries
- As a salesman, helping to build the Auto-Mate department at Di Data into the largest supplier of Software Solution to the Motor Dealers of South Africa.
Setting up the SAAS Facilities for the Auto-Mate division of Dimension Data
Paul Janisch is a BEE compliance expert. He specialises in interpreting the different requirements within an empowerment structure and finding the most optimal methods of their implementation with the least amount of disruption to the business. The job includes project managing and implementing the various initiatives.
Paul is recognised as the empowerment expert in Namibia, Zambia and Botswana and has hosted and presented at conferences in many of those countries.
Paul has written for numerous publications on the subject of BEE, these include Moneyweb, Biznews and the Daily Maverick. One of these contributions sparked a direct response from the erstwhile minister of trade and industry. His book “Broad based BEE for small business” was published in December 2005.
Paul is the author of the only blog dedicated to BEE. Its readership includes industry experts, government officials and players across the private sector. The outspoken blog is recognised as an authority on empowerment within South Africa and its neighbours and has solicited consultation to a variety of international companies and analysts.
Emil is a specialist in Local and Green Economic Development and holds PhD’s in Local Government Management and Local Economic Development. He has 36 years’ experience in Local Government Management of which 15 years as Town Clerk and Municipal Manager.
Emil has a burning desire to constantly engage in developmental pursuits to innovate, renew and advance the development of communities on the African Continent. Through his academic studies and career in consulting, he engages himself passionately with local governance structures where he shares his knowledge and utilise his facilitation skills to activate integral communities.
It is often said that knowledge is power. However, knowledge is power only when it makes a difference to people’s lives. Emil has a deep aspiration to make a difference in the lives of his fellow human beings, communities, African societies and the world at large, using as vehicle economic development in the South African context.
Dave is a Senior Consultant at the Eton Group and has over 30 years IT Consulting experience in the sales and implementation of various computer systems. He has strong Management and Interpersonal Skills and tend to gravitate to the Client Relationship and Business Development role.
Dave is business-minded with good efficiency in all aspects of organisation development and growth, customer service, including programme and systems management. Dave is adept at formulating and implementing effective strategies, offering analytical support, He has proven expertise in establishing corporate goals, analysing and meeting process requirements, administering consulting engagements, providing technical services, and managing contracts and regulatory documents.
He provides an enormous amount of energy and enthusiasm to all jobs and tasks.
Some of the aspects I am skilled at include:
- Relationship & Partnership Building
- Stakeholder & Customer Engagement
- Business Management